You must be logged in to see the next event you are signed up for.
17 July 2020
Dear Volunteers - Important News! Please read the statements below from our Commodore Barry Cuneo and General Manager Shawn Ket.
Call me if you have any questions...
Dear Members & Volunteers,,
Please check our website for RQYS and Queensland Health updates on COVID-19: https://www.rqys.com.au/
- Members are welcome to use the facilities including Marina, Hardstand, Rigging Lawns, RaMmps, Fuel every day. Please observe Queensland Health guidelines in relation to hygiene, distancing, etc. https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19
- Canaipa remains open and available to members as usual.
- We draw all members attention to current COVID19 Government requirements - there are QR Codes around the club to scan and use to register your presence for the day. Please do this each time you come.
COVID-Safe Sailing UpdatesThere has been a significant change to the COVID Guidelines for Sailing Clubs thanks to the Aquatic Industry COVID Safe Plan which can be found here. In summary, please follow the current sailing guidelines to ensure our Squadron remains a COVID-safe environment:
- 1.5m social distancing is relaxed whilst on water but please avoid contact where possible. Social distancing rules remain whilst ashore.
- Multiple groups are allowed however there should be no co-mingling.
- “Get in, Sail, Get Out.” Where possible please come dressed for sailing and shower at home. The showers at the Squadron remain closed.
- Please maintain 1.5m social distance and hand hygiene throughout your visit.
- If you are unwell, have a dry cough, fever or sore throat please do not visit the Squadron.
This should be used by all persons who are involved with sailing activities.
We strongly encourage our members, guests and visitors to download and run the COVID Safe App.
Our volunteer team will be on hand to assist with abiding by these guidelines and keep a smooth flow to traffic.
We would welcome any volunteers who can assist in supervising our onshore activity on the weekends. Here is a link to register your presence directly...
Thank you for being a part of the wonderful RQYS Sailing Volunteers Team. I will miss you all and will see you soon. Susie 3396 8666